Request for Qualifications
Project: Exterior Art Lighting Design Services for Emerald Loop, in Greenville, NC
Lighting Designer Fee: $15,000
Deadline Friday, May 7, 2021 at 5:00pm EST
Creative Placemaking is a key ingredient in the success of revitalizing and sustaining an urban core. The City of Greenville, the Pitt County Arts Council (PCAC), and the North Carolina Arts Council are partnering to implement the next project from its Emerald Loop Plan — Art Lighting for key buildings and structures in the downtown that are within the Emerald Loop. We are seeking qualifications from professional Lighting Designers or a Lighting Design/Build Team to create a lighting framework for these structures.
The selected Lighting Designer will collaborate with Artists Haddad | Drugan (and authors of the Emerald Loop Vision Plan) along with the Pitt County Arts Council, Resources Team, and SmART City Stakeholders. They will develop Lighting Standards and a Lighting Plan for enhancing five to seven existing exterior structures or facades within the Emerald Loop area will provide a way to activate, define and visually connect the core downtown area. The broader goals of this project are:
- To activate and enhance the cultural connectivity, economic vitality, and walkability in downtown Greenville through engaging artwork and creative placemaking.
- To beautify and add character to downtown and reflect the unique characteristics and assets of Greenville.
- To create community pride and celebrate Greenville’s diverse community.
Eligibility & Submissions
Open to any lighting designer or design/build company authorized to work in the United States.
Submit application/materials online at: https://www.cognitoforms.com/EmergeGallery1/EmeraldLoopArtLightingRFQ
- A statement of interest in and general approach to the Lighting Design Services for structures within the Emerald Loop.
- Three references - past clients with e-mail and telephone contact information.
- Resume or bio
- Examples of other relevant work or similar work. Maximum of 10 images. For each image, include a brief description of project location, goals, scope, and budget; as well as the applicant’s role.
Timeline – subject to change
- May 7, 2021 at 5pm (EST): Deadline for application.
- May 2021: Interview Finalists
- June 2021: Select Lighting Designer and Contract
- July – August: First Site Visit
- November 2021: Final Concept Design Report delivered and approved
For additional information on this project:
Executive Director, Pitt County Arts Council